meatball recipe for the freezer
Basic Meatball Recipe
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs or rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, optional (the meatballs will pick up seasonings from whatever you put them in)
Combine all the ingredients, and shape them into 1 inch balls. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet, and brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove to a dish to drain. Cool, then pack in freezer containers, or in foil, then freezer bags. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
simmer down notes:
- I made these before hearing a recipe from my husband’s aunt for chicken meatballs that are boiled, not fried, and the water can be filled with vegetables and then used for soup. When and if I make those I’ll post that recipe.
- This was my first time making meatballs and they were very easy and satisfying, although they did completely lose their lovely round shape the moment I started frying them.
- I used a combination of breadcrumbs and quick oats in this recipe.
Entry filed under: recipe.